VMO collects the best news related to Vendors, Technology, Government Policy, etc. on web every week for you.
- Western Digital urges users to immediately disconnect WD My Book Live and WD My Book Live Duo after detecting a vulnerability that attacker can use to can remotely wipe the data.
- A Linux encryptor that targets and encrypts Vmware ESXi virtual machines. The REvil ransomware operation is now using a Linux encryptor to mass encrypt storage used by VMs and NAS devices.
- Microsoft recommends enabling multi-factor authentication to protect their environments after new activity from the NOBELIUM threat actor. This activity was targeted at specific customers, primarily IT companies (57%), followed by government (20%), and smaller percentages for non-governmental organizations.
- Babuk Locker Ransomware group releases the builder that encrypts files hosted on Windows systems, ARM-based network storage attached (NAS) devices, and VMWare ESXi servers. This comes after Babuk announced their retirement.
- Attackers are exploiting CISCO vulnerability CVE-2020-3580 in its Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) software web services. Cisco claimed that the flaw was patched in Oct 2020
- A Mercedes Benz vendor disclosed a data leak of about 1000 customers and interested buyers. The data was inadvertently made accessible on a cloud storage platform.